The Global Supply Chain Management division represents a cross sectional function for the entire supply chain in the PALFINGER Group, from product development to dealer.
PALFINGER understands Supply Chain Management (SCM) as the integration and optimisation of the flow of materials and information throughout the entire value creation chain, with the aim of enhancing use for the customer.
Global Supply Chain Management at PALFINGER takes the form of co-operation between the GSCM team and the operational logistics staff in the sites, naturally with the close involvement and attachment of Global Strategic Purchasing, the suppliers, assembly, production, shipping, distribution and dealers, right through to the customer.
Global SCM therefore covers all products and areas of the PALFINGER Group.
All activities of the GSCM department are managed according to the following principles:
The GSCM division provides support and advice in the following areas:
- Co-ordination of co-operation and exchange of know how of all operational logistics staff together with Global Strategic Purchasing
- Central contact point for the clarification of general logistics issues
- Control of existing production and assembly capacities, in order to ensure the best possible fulfilment of customer requirements
- Definition of “Supply Chain” strategies and relevant KPI’s (key performance indicators)
- Introduction and control of logistic programmes (e.g. Improvement of Inventory Management, Bar-coding etc.)
- Optimisation of the existing supply chain (direct deliveries, transport optimisation etc.)
- Execution of transport tendering together with Global Strategic Purchasing
- Provision of support to PALFINGER sites in all logistics services (transport, customs, storage, packing etc.)
- Ensuring and supporting overall cost consideration in the context of material flow issues
- Supporting the budget process (completeness of quantities, operating schedules, assembly allocation etc.)