The general meeting is the meeting of all shareholders. The ordinary general meeting is usually held once a year (§ 120 Abs. 1 S. 1 AktG). Entitled to vote is everyone who is holding an equity share of the company. Moreover there is the possibility to call an extraordinary general meeting.
The key tasks of the Annual General Meeting include:
- the appointment of the Supervisory Board, which in turn determines the Managing Board
- the appropriation of the company profit
- the discharge of the Supervisory Board and the Managing Board
- the approval of the financial statements (if necessary)
- the appointment of special auditors
- the adoption of resolutions on capital measures and amendments to the Articles of Incorporation.
The GM is convened according to fixed statutory regulations and deadlines and is held according to defined rules of procedure to ensure the necessary transparency.